Friday 31 July 2015

THE YIN TO MY YANG

It's my friend's birthday today and I'm very excited for her, the ying to my yang!! This whole birthday thing had me thinking how pressurizing it can be! The pressure of having your life together for the new age!!! For instance, when I turned twenty last year, I made resolutions that were too much if you ask me. An example was how I was supposed to stay single. I've managed to do that but that's just bull! Think about it, what has being single got anything to do with being 20? Probably the fact that I was in my final year pursuing my degree but that's just too much...

I'll be turning 21 soon and I cannot wait to come up with weird resolutions! For instance I want to lose weight for my graduation which is set to be in October(God's willing). I know you're probably wondering why I'd wanna do that? It's not like graduating as a fatty will make me any less happy. Problem with me is that I tend to be happier when I've lost a couple of kgs, never when I've gained.. So, yes I want to lose 6kgs for that and gloat to my friends especially my aunt Sharon. She's heard so much of this that whenever I text her about it,I can feel her  roll her eyes at me. She loves me and that's  the price she pays  for doing  that. Endless rants about how my tummy is getting huge and how I reeeeaaallly want that nice pair of heels I saw in some fancy(code for over priced) store, is all she gets. Don't worry, I talk to her about cute boys as well. I can't afford to bore  her  with my insecurities lest I'll have my buddy G to rant to and that's just bad, that girl is always sleepy and never online.
To be my friend you need to have your phone fully charged,ask anyone that has had the pleasure of being my friend. They'll shake their heads and tell you of how much of a texter( if that's even a word) I am. For real, I'm always online on whatsapp because my phone is always on my hand! I'm convenient like! Sometimes I feel like it sends off a wrong message like, doesn't she have anything to do? So I try and disappear for an hour then I think to myself,this is not my thing. I'm not the" last seen 4/7/2014" kind. I'm the kind that's always online incase you want to ask me about some nice lipstick or send me a funny meme.
Which reminds me,I wasn't online for three days last week. Which had my friend G so worried that she started looking for my relatives on Facebook (she's old school like that)to ask them if I was dead and if there were plans for any burial for me. I keep telling people that I have crazier people than me in my life!

Anyway, happy birthday my love. You will not see this because you have no clue that I blog. However, I'll share the link hoping that you'll read it.
We've been friends for three  amazing years .I'll try and not make this creepy like I'm trying to hit on you or something..
Better yet let me not make this any weird at all. I mean, I don't need to write a poem to prove my love to you. My endless texts (that never get any replies)to you are justifiable enough. Also the fact that I'm willing to give you one of my kidneys in case yours don't function properly should say a lot. If I keep this up I'll lack words to say so I'll leave it at that..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY G!!! LET'S GET FAT AND MAKE WEIRD RESOLUTIONS TOGETHER!!!LOVE YOU!!!XOXO

Call me Mwikali

No comments:

Post a Comment